A place for Inspiration...Where our Imaginations can take flight.

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Once upon a time...

I sculped a line of jewelry and tiny figures that I sold to Country stores.

While recently digging in the attic, I came upon three little storybook characters I made in 1997...


Little Red Riding Hood.


Little Bo Peep who found a sheep.


And Goldilocks.

Each little lass stands 2 3/4 inches tall, their bases are 1 3/4 inches wide.
That makes each tiny scuplted face the size of my pinky nail.
They are 100% sculpted by hand without the use of any mold of any kind.
In all the crude flaws my eye sees, I think they are still rather cute.

It was while on this mission in the attic looking for family pictures that these were discovered.
I also found a school picture of myself in 7th grade wearing a sailboat pin that I sculpted out of clay.
I use to make jewelry and sell it to the kids at school in 5th & 6th grade.

Having been yearning to sculpt again, these tiny gals have re-inspired me.

Be Inspired every day!!!
 

3 comments:

  1. I would love to see your school picture! and your little figurines are adorable. Cuai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your creative gift bubbled to the surface early in your life ~ Totally Awesome ~ Yeah, lets see the school pic of you with the sail boat pin ~
    Much Love Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMAZING Lisa, you are a talent from wayyyyy back! I love that you're still about to do what you love, and make your living from it. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete